Friday, February 4, 2011

Be Precise.

It's funny how prayer works for the most part. This week I learned about how precise sometimes it just needs to be. Funny as it may sound, it's the truth.

On Wednesday, after dropping off R at work, I did my typical "talk" with God. I prayed for my friend's wife, my boss and her family, and making sure that Z and I get home safely and be safe to and from on the way to get R from work. Well, I guess I didn't quite ask to make sure we get home without any mechanical failures and such. LOL.

Rewind 2 weeks ago. Robin insisted on getting new tires. So we paid for that and went ahead and got them installed. Two weeks later, meaning Wednesday, on the way home we got a flat tire on the BRAND new tire. How was that remotely possible? All in all, God made sure we were all accounted for and safe. I thank Him for that.

To make up for that flat tire, his office canceled his patients and it allowed for R and I to have a free day together. It was reminiscent of his days in residency where his day off was always a weekday; the irony in all of that was that (same morning we got the flat), I had typical things running through my mind, like how I missed my husband during the week (as corny as that sounds) because he helps with the kids and the company he gives to me. It was just lovely to have a day with my hubby. Lots of window shopping for big items, lunch, picking up J together. It was awesome.

Basically, the flat tire gave me something even better. Time with my husband, nothing that could ever be replaced.

1 comment:

Jo said...

I love this! So glad you got a day with your man.