Monday, January 31, 2011

Therapy, Knowing Joy Will Come in the Morning

Scrapbooking has always been therapeutic for me. I find that my artsy side flows the best when I am emotionally upset. Tonight I took some time to scrapbook a picture of Todd and J, when we went to dinner one night in 2009. I didn't realize I didn't print them back then, so I went and printed and picked him up at Costco today, came home and put a layout together. Will take a picture of it tomorrow.

There are two songs floating through my head, both brought me to tears this afternoon after I played it in my car.

Mandisa - He is With You.
Chris Tomlin - Amazing Grace



There's a time to live
And a time to die
There's a time to laugh
And a time to cry
There's a time for war
And a time for peace
There's a hand to hold
In the worst of these
In the worst of these

Chorus:
He is with you when your faith is dead
And you can't even get out of bed
Or your husband doesn't kiss you anymore
He is with you when your baby's gone
And your house is still and your heart's a stone
Cryin' God, what'd you do that for?
He is with you

There's a time for yes
And a time for no
There's a time to be angry
And a time to let it go
There's a time to run
And a time to face it
There is love to see you
Through all of this

Chorus:
He is with you in the conference room
When the world is coming down on you
And your wife and kids don't know you anymore
And he is with you in the ICU
When the doctors don't know what to do
And it scares you to the core
He is with you

We may weep for a time
But joy will come in the morning
The morning light

Chorus:
He is with you when your kids are grown
When there's too much space and you feel alone
And you're worried if you got it right or wrong
Yes he is with you when you've given up
On ever finding your true love
Someone who feels like home
He is with you

When nothing else is left
And you take you final breath
He is with you

I remember hearing that song play on the radio on KSGN in SoCal during a time I really needed to hear it. I believe it made me feel a lot better. It's funny how somehow, God has a way to sending messages, either through others, music, the bible, anything, we are simply reminded that we are not alone, He is with you through it all.

With that, I am just waiting on tomorrow when I find out whether or not I can make it out to SoCal to go to the funeral in February. Praying that I will some how finagle a way to get J out of school and R to go with me and lastly, prices to not be so outrageous. I know though, one thing is for sure, God has got it all under control.

No comments: